Today’s employers, workforce development professionals, human resource experts, and the general public find themselves heavily impacted by our country’s current labor shortage; and have been given the task of finding the answers.
You can find experts on your favorite cable news channels, publications, blog sites, and social media platforms discussing the best approach to overcoming this moving target. However, there is one solution that has been around for some time and often hiding in plain sight.
Registered Apprenticeship Programs
Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs), guided and overseen by the U.S. Department of Labor, is one of the best options available for employers to recruit and develop their workforce of the future. Through Registered Apprenticeship Programs, businesses collaborate with key industry supporting educational institutions and a host of intermediaries that focus entirely on making sure that sustainable partnerships are built, maintained, and positively impact the bottom line.
Benefits of Hiring Apprentices
Businesses and apprentices both benefit from these programs. According to the Center for American Progress, the top five ways businesses benefit from hiring an apprentice are:
- Build a pipeline of skilled workers
- Gain workers with customized/customizable skills
- Boost retention
- Save money on recruitment, marketing, and wages
- Make a positive return on investment
In addition to the benefits of apprenticeship, here are exciting facts about RAPs according to Apprenticeship.gov):
- There are over 24,000 apprenticeship programs across the U.S.
- $72,000 is the average starting salary for apprentices who complete a program.
- 92% of apprentices retain employment after apprenticeship completion.
- $300,000 is the Lifetime Earning Advantage for apprentice graduates who complete their programs compared to peers who don’t.
That’s just the beginning!
Today, we are developing and implementing apprenticeship programs that answer the call for the hottest professions in the hottest industries and the highest wages. Some of these include Data Science, Cybersecurity, Energy (Solar Power Installation), Health IT, and many more.
Contact our team to help you get started!
net.America works with businesses, educational institutions, government agencies, re-entry programs, and a host of small and large minority-serving community organizations. We are your doorway to the apprenticeship world.